Vegan food event in London
KERB is a company focussed on organising and hosting large scale street food events around London and the UK.
Their next event that will be of great interest to vegans, especially vegans who like a LOT of food.
Livin’ on the Veg is a showcase of eight vegan food specialists and the twist of this event is that you get something from EACH trader when you buy a ticket. Yes, eight portions of food!
The mammoth food party is taking place in King’s Cross on Friday August 18 and Saturday August 19, 2017. There are different sessions you can book and from what I’ve heard, there aren’t many tickets remaining so be quick.
For £30, you get a cocktail plus ALL OF THE FOLLOWING FOOD:
- Biff’s Jack Shack – double fried jackfruit buffalo wings speared on sugar cane bone with maple bourbon hot sauce, blue cheese, toasted almond kale slaw and a fresh seared peach
- Petare (Bucket List reigning champ!)- Venezuelan ‘chip butty’ arepa stuffed with cassava chips, sweet fried plantain, “feta”, avocado and garlic sauce
- Lemlem Kitchen – Timtimo split pea afro-taco, served on injera with a red cabbage and ginger slaw, and pickled chillies and seeds.
- Eat Chay – Korean BBQ Bahn Mi baguette filled with crispy seitan, mushroom walnut pate, pickled carrots, parsnips and sriracha mayo
- Spice Box – charred makhani-smothered tandoori cauli steak with coriander chutney and homemade pickles on a grilled naan
- Temple of Seitan – fried ‘chicken’ slider in an agave mustard glaze
- Greedy Khao –Thai red curry tofu and butternut squash pillows on soy sesame slaw and hom mali rice
- Young Vegans – chocolate peanut butter mud pie brownies
Can you handle all of this?!
In addition to the food you are swamped with, there will be extra food to buy if you need it as well as a bar and games. It sounds like a whole lot of delicious fun.
Click here to book your ticket.
Extra note: the Saturday sessions of Livin’ on the Veg are on the same day as Hackney Downs Vegan Market. Check out the line up we have for that monthly event here.