Vegans cooking for vegans
I think you need to make plans to visit the West Midlands before the end of the year.
As you all know, a fabulous 100% vegan food truck launched a while back called The Vegan Grindhouse. The idea behind the business was to supply events in the local area with completely plant-based tea, coffee, cakes and treats. I wrote about them here.
The truck has enjoyed an incredibly successful start, but things are about to change slightly for the vegan business.
I reached out to Lisa, the owner of The Vegan Grindhouse, to see how things were progressing and I received some not so good news and some excellent news.
Lisa wrote to me:
We have a new truck called Artie and a new menu. We are no longer selling tea and coffee as many events prohibited us from selling these if booked as a food seller. So we are now a 1950s American diner-style vegan food and milkshake bar.
Our menu highlights are quarter pounders, bacon cheeseburgers, chicken style burgers, hotdogs, chilli dogs, mac dogs, mac ‘n’ cheese, chilli and nachos, chocolate chip cookies and milkshakes.
We also sell homemade coconut based ice cream in a range of flavours.
All our products are handmade, organic and 100% vegan and we have gluten free and soy free options available too.
Sorry for tea and coffee fans but I do love the sound of that menu.
The Vegan Grindhouse has a LOT of appearances coming up before the end of the year and I am definitely going to make the effort to get along to one of the following:
- Fri, 14th Nov – Eat Street, Leamington Spa
- Sat, 15th Nov – KingshEATh by BrumYumYum, Xmas Light Switch On Special, Kings Heath, Birmingham
- Sun, 16th Nov – Craft Fair, Bromsgrove
- Fri, 21st Nov – Digbeth Dining Club, Birmingham
- Fri, 28th Nov – Eat Street, Leamington Spa
- Sat, 29th Nov – Arts/Craft Market at KingshEATh by BrumYumYum, Kings Heath, Birmingham
- Sun, 30th Nov – MAC Food Market, MAC, Birmingham
- Tues, 2nd Dec – Stirchley Community Market, Stirchley
- Fri, 5th Dec – Christmas Market, Hatton, Warks
- Sat, 6th Dec – Christmas Market, Hatton, Warks
- Thurs, 11th Dec – 24 Carrots, Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham 4-8pm
- Sat, 13th Dec – KingshEATh by BrumYumYum, Kings Heath, Birmingham
- Sun, 14th Dec – Fargo Village at Xmas, Fargo Village, Coventry
- Thurs, 18th Dec – Digbeth Dining Club – Xmas Special, Birmingham
- Fri, 19th Dec – Christmas Market, Hatton, Warks
- Sat, 20th Dec – Christmas Market KingshEATh by BrumYumYum, Kings Heath, Birmingham
- Sun, 21st Dec – Christmas Market, Hatton, Warks
Comment below to let everyone know which event you will be making an effort to get along to in order to show your support (and eat delicious food).
Visit The Vegan Grindhouse online
Follow them on Twitter
Like them on Facebook
Make sure you take a second to let Lisa know how much you appreciate her committing to a 100% vegan food business!