Join FGV and Hackney Downs Studios for a festive outdoor market that will be talked about until next December.
Vegan Christmas Market is an outdoor food and drink collaboration between Fat Gay Vegan, Hackney Downs Studios and some of the biggest names in vegan street food from across the UK (and beyond!).
The outdoor market is designed to not only support local independent businesses as their year comes to an end, but to give attendees the enjoyment of a Christmas market without any of the dead animal component you might expect to see.
The line up of vendors is nothing short of spectacular and includes:
- Essential Vegan – cake connoisseurs featuring their usual and much-loved suspects plus a few festive surprises such a lebkuchen
- Club Mexicana – superb Mexican-inspired street food to warm your belly and your soul
- Arancini Brothers – expect vegan burgers and irresistible rice balls as they turn their arancini truck completely vegan for this event
- Battered – in a London exclusive, this vegan fish and trip truck is making its debut in the capital ONLY at Vegan Christmas Market
- Just Fab – one of the finest places to get vegan food in London will be doing a special pop up version of the Italian food they usually sell on their double decker bus
- Heart of Cake – maybe the prettiest cakes in the city so we just had to have them along
- GreenBay Supermarket – the best place to get vegan groceries in London will be bringing along their favourite festive items
- Moodley Manor – another exclusive for Vegan Christmas Market as this Irish vegan meat company sets up business with their sausages, bacon, burgers, roasts and mayo
- Sgaia Vegan Meats – the current heroes of the UK vegan food scene will be selling take home packs of their award winning vegan meat as well as ready to consume festive sandwiches
- Mouse’s Favourite – some of the best vegan cheese on the planet for you to buy and take home
- Peanut Butter Bakery – gorgeous sweet treats including the exclusive launch of their new brioche donuts
- Young Vegans – up and coming vegan food stars will be showcasing savoury food that cannot be beaten
- Temple of Seitan – one of the finest vegan street food vendors on the planet will showcase fried food that you cannot keep your hands off
- Rupert’s Street – Emily and her yellow truck will be dishing up hearty and wholesome food that will leave you nourished
- Viva La Vegan – glorious message t-shirts, Xmas cards and a few other surprises from our only non-digestible vendor!
- Happy Cat Coffee – hot coffee by this super cute and fully vegan hot drinks trader
In addition to all of these incredible vendors, there will be the fabulous 58 Gin selling cocktails, warm cider and soft drinks plus an additional beer bar by Clarkshaws Brewing for anyone looking to indulge.
Vendors have announced their menus here and onsite restaurant Autumn Yard is turning vegan for the day. See their menu here.
Of course the line up is subject to change. Things happen so please don’t re-mortgage your house to get funds for a plane ticket based on just one particular vendor.
This is an OUTDOOR market so you will need to dress accordingly and be prepared for any type of weather. Well, maybe not a heatwave.
Vegan Christmas Market is taking place on Saturday December 17, 2016 between 11am and 6pm at Hackney Downs Studios. Click here to see the location on Google Maps. Entry to the outdoor market is FREE.
You can RSVP to the Facebook event page and use the invite people tool on that page to let all of your friends and enemies know where you will be on that day.
Of course Vegan Christmas Market is a safe space where you can not make people feel shit or even slightly annoyed about stuff like racism, sexism, queerphobia, body shaming or basically anything. You will be removed off site if you try it. If you don’t think you can trust yourself, it’s best you don’t even come along.
Keep watching FGV social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) for updates on the food being served. As I get the info, I will pass it on.
See you at the market!