Buy vegan soap and help charity
A little while ago on my blog I gave a shout out to a vegan soap producer who donates profits to charities and community organisations.
Bars of Hope sell a gorgeous range of artisan bars that will leave you feeling squeaky clean and all warm and fuzzy. Not only are you buying fab vegan soap, every purchase will contribute much needed funds to a local charity or community organisation.
The organisation of choice being supported by Bars of Hope in April 2021 is The Outside Project.
The Outside Project is an LGBTIQ+ Community Shelter, Centre and Domestic Abuse Refuge in response to those within the LGBTIQ+ community who feel endangered, who are homeless, ‘hidden’ homeless and feel that they are on the outside of services due to historical and present prejudice in society and in their homes.
Services of The Outside Project include:
- Provision of identity responsive housing and spaces for the LGBTIQ+ Community
- Professional and ‘knowledge by experience’ peer-led support to LGBTIQ+ people in crisis
- Advocacy for LGBTIQ+ rights and needs within wider systems and services
- Promoting improved ‘social health’ and sobriety within the LGBTIQ+ Community
- Developing relationships with services to strengthen support for the LGBTIQ+ Community
- Sharing knowledge to educate others on the unique and complex needs of LGBTIQ+ people
Sounds like a vital service, right?
If you have some spare cash, please treat yourself to gorgeous vegan soaps from Bars of Hope and direct some much-needed financial support to The Outside Project. Shop now.
Follow Bars of Hope on Instagram to stay updated on new products and to see who they will be supporting in the future.
If you think you or someone you know would benefit from being in touch with The Outside Project, visit their website. If you want to support the group financially without buying soap, donate online here.