BREAKING NEWS: Arancini Brothers open vegan outlet
I am thrilled to be the first to announce that adored London fast food chain Arancini Brothers is set to transform one of its locations into a 100% vegan eatery for January 2018, making it the first non-vegan restaurant chain on the planet to commit to having a completely vegan outlet.
Forget vegetarian sandwich shops and vegan side menus, Arancini Brothers Old Street is going all in on veganism and will be completely free of animal products.
Arancini Brothers started as a street food stall on Brick Lane back in 2009 and since then has become one of the most-celebrated fast food chains in London.
In recent years, vegan and vegan-curious customers have become enamoured with the plant-based options on the menu and their burgers have become the stuff of legend.
What do Arancini Brothers serve that is so special?
Big grains of rice are mixed through slow cooked onion, garlic and herbs, before vegetable stock is added to make a firm, delicious risotto. They mix through flavours like parsley and lemon before hand rolling into little balls, coating in rice flour then frying.
I spoke with David Arkin about his company’s decision to turn one of his restaurants vegan in January.
This is what he told me:
It’s something we have always wanted Arancini Brothers to be. Our food has always been based around a vegan/vegetarian diet and now we want our customers to experience our full vegan flavour with nothing getting in the way.
Even though this is for Veganuary we would love to make it a permanent change. If it does well, our Old Street branch will stay completely vegan.
Our non-vegan customers already love and regularly order our many vegan options on the menu and I’m sure they will support us. I feel veganism is here for the long run and is not just a trend, so we want be on the frontline of the movement serving up our delicious, healthy food.
The Arancini Brothers Old Street vegan menu will include (* denotes gluten free):
Arancini (served with mayo + chutney)
- Classic + citrus*
- Mushroom Zucchini*
Wraps served with Risotto Balls + today’s salads + crispy onion
- Classic + chutney + mayo
- Mushroom + chimichurri + special mayo
- Veganist + eggplant tomato sauce + onion jam
- Chick’n + citrus dressing + mayo
Salad Box served with 3 Risotto Balls + today’s salad + seeds
- Original + salad + mayo + chutney*
- Chick’n + salad + mayo + chutney
- Roast mushroom + salad + mayo + chutney*
- Vegan Box + roast mushroom + salad + onion jam + eggplant tomato sauce + chutney*
Hot Stew served with Risotto Balls + rice + rocket + chutney + seeds
- Butternut lentil & spinach stew*
- Chick’n spinach & lentil stew*
Risotto Burger served with our famous mushroom zucchini risotto patty and organic bap
- Cheese + special mayo + crispy onion
- Smokey Chorizo + cheese + crispy onion + chili sauce + mayo
- One tasty Vegan + tomato eggplant sauce + onion jam + crispy onion + fresh tomato
- FGV burger – double cheese + pickles + crispy onion + ketchup + mustard
- The Mickey – pickles + crispy onion + ketchup + mustard
- BBQ mushroom – cheese + rocket + tomato + crispy onion
Breakfast served 9:30am until midday Monday – Friday
Brekkie Wrap served with risotto balls, crispy onion and breakfast mayo
- Mushroom + roast tomato + rocket
- Chorizo + roast tomato + rocket
- Vegans Recovery + baby spinach + tomato eggplant sauce + mushroom + maple syrup
Breakfast Bap (served in an organic bap)
- Roast mushroom + chimichurri + special mayo
- Roast tomato + cheese + special mayo
- Roast mushroom + cheese + special mayo
- Spicy sausage + cheese + roast mushroom + special mayo
- Carrot Cake
- Brownie fudge cake
- Matcha brownie Cake
- Side Salad
- Chutney Pot
- Garlic Mayo Pot
- Special Mayo Pot
- Tomato Eggplant Sauce
Arancini Brothers Old Street will re-open as a vegan outlet on January 2, 2018 for a soft launch.
The official vegan grand re-opening day is set for Thursday January 4, 2018. The store is open 9:30am until 4:30pm from Monday until Friday each week.
You can follow Arancini Brothers on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
January 4, 2018 is not only the grand re-opening of Arancini Brothers Old Street as a vegan outlet, it is also the date that my first ever book is published.
To help Arancini Brothers celebrate their huge commitment to promoting vegan food, I will be in the restaurant most of the official launch day to chat with people and enjoy the new menu. The restaurant will be selling copies of my book, Fat Gay Vegan: Eat, Drink and Live Like You Give a Sh!t, and if you can’t grab a copy on the day they have also committed to selling it ongoing.
I’m also thrilled to announce that Arancini Brothers will be selling an FGV Burger as part of their regular menu at the Old Street location.
If you plan on coming along to the vegan grand re-opening to celebrate Old Street going vegan and the launch of my book, you can RSVP to the Facebook event page.
If you would like to pre-order a copy of my book online, you can click on the panel below.