Top 5 vegan things to do in London this weekend
London. You are quickly becoming the most vegan place on the planet.
From north to south and east to west, the UK capital is overflowing with plant-based places to eat. There is so much choice in fact, it can be difficult working out how to cram it all in. Or more likely, how to pick just a few.
I’m here today to give you my pick for the best vegan things to do in London on the weekend of December 14 and 15, 2019.
Plan your weekend well and have a fabulous time!
- Of course I have to pick the 4th annual Hackney Downs Festive Vegan Market. I started this locally-focused but broadly-loved market to help independent vegan traders have a decent shot at making a living from their work. It only comes back for special occasions such as Christmas, but the heart of this event never dies. Support it on Saturday December 14, 2019 between 11am and 5pm. Full details online here.
2. Get along to the grand opening weekend of the new Picky Wops restaurant on Brick Lane. Cristiano, Andrea, and their team have worked hard to bring their world famous pizzas to this new permanent location and you really want to be a part of this history-making opening. Try the pasta and desserts, too! Read my blog post about the opening online here.
3. Enjoy baked Christmas-themed goods from legendary vegan business, Ms. Cupcake of Brixton. The bakery is now stocking a massive range of their seasonal cakes and goodies, including a chocolate caramel reindeer cupcake that is too cute. The shop is also the only place in the UK to buy ready-made vegan Yorkshire puddings and if you spend £30 or more in store this weekend (both days), you get a free copy of the latest edition of the Vegan London Guidebook valued at £9.99. Click here for the Ms. Cupcake website.
4. Do a massive vegan grocery shop for Christmas at an independent vegan store. GreenBay Supermarket in West London has everything you need for festive celebrations including gourmet vegan cheeses, roasts, boxes of chocolates, sweets, ready to serve cream, and even panettone. Follow GreenBay on Instagram and see their exact location on North End Road thanks to Google Maps.
5. The end of the year makes a lot of us feel sentimental so it is the perfect time to catch up with friends and loved ones. Message your nearest and dearest and tell them you are meeting up for drinks at London’s superstar vegan pub, The Spread Eagle on Homerton High Street. Enjoy their fantastic cocktails and leave a bit of stomach space for the tasty cuisine of in-house kitchen experts Club Mexicana. See the exact location of the pub thanks to Google Maps.
Have a great weekend, London!