The huge Bowl for Oceans fundraiser party that took place in Central London last weekend was the result of a lot of planning, a lot of support and some very special people/businesses coming together in the name of helping sea life.
On top of the good times involving bowling, karaoke and music, we ended up selling enough tickets to make a wonderful £800 donation to Sea Shepherd UK. In addition, we collected a lot of cash and coins on the day in the Sea Shepherd bucket and the charity sold a walloping amount of their own merchandise.
Before I share some photos from the day, I would like to take a moment to thank the following people who made the event the huge success it was. It would be very thoughtful if you could take a minute out of your day to thank them on Twitter for their support.
- Massive thanks to Fry’s Vegetarian UK for financially contributing to the cost of the venue hire. Follow and thank Fry’s UK on Twitter.
- A standing ovation for sponsors Razzle Dazzle Ices who fed our party goers delicious vegan ice cream all day! Follow and thank Razzle Dazzle on Twitter.
- Deep gratitude to Ms. Cupcake who stepped up to donate a huge tray of vegan cupcakes to the party when another sponsor was unable to supply their product on time. Follow and thank Ms. Cupcake on Twitter.
- DJ Show Yr In Love made the trip down from up North to volunteer his time on the decks. Follow and thank Show Yr In Love on Twitter.
- Vegan shoe store and ethical boutique owner James of The Third Estate donated his valuable day off to take a DJ slot, too. Follow and thank The Third Estate on Twitter.
- Organiser of London Vegan Meetup Robb went above and beyond his volunteer DJ duties to help prep the sound equipment. Follow and thank Robb on Twitter.
- Thanks to Ms. Cupcake and Vx for advertising and selling tickets in store. Follow and thank Vx on Twitter. (Ms. Cupcake link above)
And a final BIG thank you to all the wonderful people who spent their cash to make this party possible, especially those who donated in their absence. Everyone on the day had a marvellous time and we can’t wait to do it all again next year!
Photo credit: http://gallery.short-world.de