Vegan taco night in Hackney
Black Cat Hackney and Huitzmil present Tacos Against Borders, a benefit for Akwaaba.
Akwaaba is a Hackney-based social centre for migrants. They offer a space for rest, play, learning and mutual support. Akwaaba is for all migrants regardless of immigration status, ‘race’, religion, country of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and (dis)ability.
Akwaaba doesn’t currently have a venue and they are putting all their efforts towards securing one, so you can support them by attending this event (and letting them know about a spare venue if you know of one!). They need space every Sunday so a school hall in the Hackney area would be perfect.
Now… onto news of the event taking place inside Black Cat Hackney this Sunday December 5, 2021 at 6:00PM.
Talks and activities
- Huitzmil speaking about how he crossed from Mexico to USA and the challenges he faced
- Andres Posada from Colombia speaking about how he arrived to the UK and the challenges he faced as a migrant
- Mini market
- Acoustic set by Hugh Vivian from the anarcho punk band Omega Tribe
- Marinated lamb style seitan , vegetable escabeche, pineapple, tomatillo salsa , avocado
- Drunken fish pieces cooked in tequila , chilli and coriander , vegetable escabeche and charred salsa.
- Beer battered Oyster mushrooms , guacamole, escabeche
- Nachos :Freshly fried corn tortillas, spicy smokey beans , jalapeños, shitake bacon and cheese sauce
Everything served on corn tortillas or house made flour tortillas.
And of course you can follow Black Cat Cafe on Instagram.
Extra note: if you cannot attend this event in support of Akwaaba but would like to donate to help the important work they do, please donate via their website.