Amazing Indian and African cooking masterclass
“In this class I will teach you some delicious and healthy East African dishes with a North Indian twist, taking the best from both culinary worlds.”
That is what my buddy Nishma Shah from Shambhu’s, award-winning vegan catering and education, has to say about her upcoming cooking masterclass at Made In Hackney on Sunday September 29, 2019.
The class will include:
- How to create tasty plant based Indian and East African curries and accompaniments such as ‘Pumpkin Roti’
- Learn to make healthier versions of starters such as ‘Crispy Bhajia’ and ‘Spinach & Banana Fritters’, plus a stunning selection of chutneys
- Learn to use protein-rich millet create delicious dishes such as traditional ‘Githeri’
- How to use spices effectively and create spice blends
- Create a sumptuous Indo-African fusion dessert such as ‘Baked Chocolate Molten Mandazi’, served with an authentic hot spiced drink
- A delicious plant based organic lunch and recipe pack
- 10% discount in neighbouring wholefood shop Food for All
Fee: £84 (£66 Concession for students, pensioners, unemployed, and low waged)) inclusive of VAT, includes a delicious organic plant based lunch.
This fee is used to fund the Made in Hackney programme of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups. By attending a Made In Hackney masterclass you get a great day of learning AND you’re providing the charity with essential funds to continue their work with vulnerable community groups.