Gorgeous vegan Indian cuisine in Sheffield
One of the most-loved places for vegans and fans of Indian cuisine to eat in Sheffield is Ajanta’s Vegetarian, a recently-opened restaurant on Abbeydale Road.
Located in the old BurgerLols spot (yep, they shut down a while back), Ajanta’s is bringing affordable and irresistible Punjabi recipes to the Sheffield masses with a 100% vegan menu.
The menu is truly world class. Check it out below:
- Dal £5 – slowly cooked lentils in a secret blend of spices
- Chana masala £5 – a classic Punjabi chickpea dish packed with flavour
- Aloo £5 – spiced potato and toasted cumin seeds
- Peppers & ‘chicken’ £6 – vegan ‘chicken’ pieces and peppers fried in paprika and garlic
- Sabji £6 – Fresh seasonal vegetables gently cooked with aromatic spices
- Basmati rice £2 – matured over two years for a beautiful fragrance and flavour
- Jeera rice £2.50 – Basmati rice with toasted cumin seeds
- Naan bread £1.50 – soft and fluffy, perfect for mopping up the last mouthful
- Mixed salad £2 – dressed with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and lemon juice
- Vegan yoghurt £1.50
- Samosa £3 – golden pastry stuffed with spiced potato and peas (x2)
- Golgappa £3 – crisp puri balls filled with chickpeas, potato, and tamarind sauce
- Poppadom 50p
Traditional Thali trays come with a selection of dishes served with mango chutney and lime.
- £7.99 Thali – chana, dal, aloo, ‘chicken’ & peppers, basmati rice
- £6.99 Thali – chana, dal, aloo, naan, basmati rice
What are you waiting for?!
Follow Anjata’s Vegetarian on Instagram and Facebook, and see the exact location of the restaurant thanks to Google Maps.