Vegan food truck by the beach
Vood Bar is a fabulous vegan food truck set to impress in Cornwall very soon!
The truck is re-opening after a Winter break on April 5, 2019 with a little re-opening/anniversary party at Polgoon Vineyard and Orchard in Penzance (all their wines and ciders are vegan!). The party will take place between 4:30pm and 7:00pm.
Following on from the opening, you will be able to find the food truck either at their usual pitch at Sennen Cove during the weekends from 10:30am to 6:00pm (more days during school holidays) or at local festivals/events.
When the Summer season picks up, they’ll be open Wednesday until Sunday with longer hours.
The Vood Bar menu is designed around the kind of food people want to eat by the Cornish seaside, using local ingredients. Truck operators Zel and Shardae love travelling and love trying out vegan versions of traditional dishes when they travel, so they wanted both locals and tourists to be able to have traditional Cornish experiences, such as eating ‘fish and chips’ on the beach, when visiting them.
Their regular menu items are:
- Cider-battered ‘tofush’ and battered chips, served with tartare sauce and lemon (and they’ll be introducing an optional extra of pea fritters this year)
- All day breakfast bap with streaky seitan, scrambled tofu, veggie sausage and garlic mayo
- Bean and mushroom seitan burger with a Cornish BBQ ale sauce (optional extra of cashew cheeze and streaky seitan)
- Cornish pasties – ‘traditional’ or cashew cheeze and onion
- Hummus and crunchy veg wrap with Cornish dukkah
Vood Bar also serve various cakes and biscuits such as rosemary-infused lemon drizzle cake or G&T cupcakes.
This year they’ll also be adding a few extra regular menu items such as a balsamic tofu, avocado and mango salad wrap and blueberry bran breakfast muffins.
Vood Bar make everything themselves (besides the bread, which we source from a local baker) – all of the tofush, seitan, cashew cheeze, pastry, sauces, sausages, everything!
Let’s all go to the beach!