Ten vegan things to be excited about in London this week
Life in the UK can be a bit trying sometimes.
We had glorious but bizarre sunshine and warmth in the middle of winter that we felt guilty enjoying because it is probably a sign of our impending, climate-driven doom.
Brexit is circling all around us like the unseen demons in Bird Box. If we don’t look at it, we might survive.
And our politicians seem to have two function modes; uncaring or incompetent.
We could all use some good news, right?
In an attempt to cheer you up, I’ve put together a quick list of ten vegan things you should be excited about in London this week (w/e Sunday March 3, 2019).
Let’s see if we can turn your frown upside down.
- Vegan Delice pop up in Westfield Stratford is stacked with tasty treats.
2. There are now two weekly FGV market sections. Every Saturday in Venn Street Clapham and, from this Sunday, one on Walthamstow High Street as part of Walthamstow Sunday Social.
3. Young Vegans still serving up the best pie and gravy in the capital in Camden.
4. Investigate the huge range of vegan shoes and ethical clothing at The Third Estate in Camden.
5. You can buy vegan condoms from As Nature Intended supermarkets around London. Fuck kindly, people.
6. Visit the newest outlet of comfort food chain Arancini Brothers. It is located on Maltby Street in Bermondsey and not only do they serve the best fries in the city, they also have a burger named after FGV!
7. Nora & Nama bakery and deli in Camden has been closed for renovations this week but reopens in a big way on Saturday March 2, 2019. Cake. Sandwiches. Patisserie. Coffee. And more!
8. The cheeseboard at Essential Vegan in Shoreditch is sensational. Honestly.
9. The London Feel Good Co is making the best vegan sausage rolls you will ever taste. You can buy these delicacies at the FGV sections of both Venn Street Market on Saturday and Walthamstow Sunday Social on Sunday.
10. Wulf & Lamb in Chelsea is now serving mouthwatering vegan pizzas as part of their regular menu.