Vegan discussion panel in Sussex
I’m thrilled to have been asked to join a panel discussion this Thursday February 21, 2019 at the University of Sussex.
So what is it all about?
The Exchange: Can Veganism Save the Planet?
Is a plant-based diet really the answer to saving the world? Or can the environmental impact of industrial farming outweigh the benefits? Can we still consume meat and dairy products in a sustainable way? What should governments and businesses do to promote sustainable living? When should environmental concerns limit individual choice?
Join our panel of speakers as they share their views on food production, sustainable living, individual responsibility, and whether adopting a particular diet is enough to secure our planet’s future. Put your questions to the panel and take part in an evening of lively discussion.
The event will be chaired by Sussex academic Dr Melissa Lazenby and will feature:
- Louise Davies, Head of Campaigns, Policy and Research at The Vegan Society
- Leo Hickman, Director and editor of Carbon Brief
- Sebastien Kaye, undergraduate student at the University of Sussex
- Nesta McGregor, Radio 1 Newsbeat reporter
- Sean O’Callaghan aka The Fat Gay Vegan, award-winning writer and vegan events organiser
- Isabella Tree, author and travel writer
The Exchange from the University of Sussex encourages free expression, lively discussion and the sharing of thoughts and ideas.
Proceeds from this event go to the Sussex Fund.
All event and ticket information (including concessions and event accessibilty) can be found online here. Tickets are selling quickly!