Beer list for London Vegan Beer Fest 2018
Here it is.
This is an amazing line up of vegan beer and I can’t imagine how you are all going to choose.
Before we get started, a gentle reminder that online tickets are £5 and if we have any tickets remaining on the day they will be £9.
Click here to book and save money.
Now the beer.
INDOOR BEER HALL – run by Brass Castle Brewery, Malton, Yorkshire
- BRASS CASTLE – Bad Kitty – Vanilla Porter – 5.5% ABV (keg & can) – a chewy chocolate-vanilla dream of a porter
- BRASS CASTLE – Black Russian – Porter – 7.0% ABV (keg) – Baltic porter with added coffee beans
- BRASS CASTLE – Disruptor – IPA – 7.4% ABV (keg) – New England IPA crammed with hops. Dangerously drinkable!
- BRASS CASTLE – Eclipse – IPA – 5.7% ABV (keg) – Black IPA for those who want a dark, hoppy beer
- BRASS CASTLE – Hazlenut Mild X – 10.00% ABV (keg) – Fulsome sweet nut-brown hazelnut mild, at traditional strength
- BRASS CASTLE – Helles Lager – 4.4% ABV (keg) – refreshing malt-forward Munich-style Helles lager
- BRASS CASTLE – Hoptical Illusion – Pale Ale – 4.3% ABV (keg & can) – certified gluten free hop forward pale ale
- BRASS CASTLE – Life’s a Beach – 3.6% ABV (keg) – Pineapple & coconut wheat beer. It’s a piña colada – only it’s not!
- BRASS CASTLE – Misfit – Pale Ale – 4.3% ABV (cask) – bursting with juicy citrus and classic pine hop notes
- BRASS CASTLE – Ready, Grisette, Go – 4.0% ABV (keg) – Grisette-style beer. Azacca hop-fuelled refreshing mini-saison
- BRASS CASTLE – Session – 3.6% ABV (cask) – Mini IPA. Fulsome, hoppy, but easy on the conscience
- BRASS CASTLE – Sunshine IPA – 5.7% ABV (cans) – SIBA 2013 ‘Champion Beer for the North East of England’
- BRASS CASTLE – Yorkshire Lavender – 4.0% ABV (cans) – oatmeal pale with Yorkshire lavender
- BLACKJACK BREWERY – Dragons’ Tears – 5.2% ABV (keg) – Golden saison. Ella hops and Dragons’ Tears jasmine green tea
- GIBBERISH – Murky Mersey – 6.2% ABV (keg) – Dank, juicy New England IPA from this Liverpool brewpub
- MARBLE BREWERY – Lagonda IPA – 5.0% ABV (keg) – Contemporary classic IPA with citrus and floral hop character
- SHINDIGGER – Summer – 4.8% ABV (keg) – Lager blended with watermelon. Perfect for a hot summer day!
- TINY REBEL – AK47 – 4.7% ABV (keg) – Kvass style rye beer with strawberry, lemon & mint
- TINY REBEL – Bucky – 4.8% ABV (keg) – Amarillo, Citra & Mosaic hopped American amber ale
- WYLAM BREWERY – Hickey The Rake – 4.2% ABV (keg) – ultra pale with lime, lemon and pineapple notes
All Brass Castle beers are brewed gluten-free. All of their cans and the Hoptical Illusion keg beer are certified gluten-free
OUTDOOR BEER MARKET
BAD SEED BREWERY: award-winning, hand-crafted vegan brews from Malton, Yorkshire
- Become The Legend – 3.9% ABV (keg) – Collaboration with Wild Weather Ales. Rhubarb & Hibiscus Grisette. Rich peach colour with huge Rhubarb sweetness mellowed with lemony character from the hibiscus. Dry Belgian yeast stops this beer being too sweet and makes for a fun flavour combination
- Code Blue – 5.0% ABV (keg) – Blueberry Wit brewed in collaboration with the Rook and Gaskill to celebrate our 5th birthday. A huge hit of blueberries meets a soft wheat and oat base in this American style wit beer. A taste of summertime!
- Funk Vol II – 6.2% ABV (keg) – The second generation of our blended barrel aged sour. Aged on wood with brettanomyces, pediococcus and lactobacillus. Then blended back to a complex rich and distinctive sour character
- Murk Merchant – 5.8% ABV (keg) – Ultra hazy, ultra hoppy crushable IPA. Super soft bitterness with a pale malt and oat base and huge juiciness from Mosaic, Cascade, Chinook & Columbus. Similar to a NEIPA style but drier. A huge hit of US hops with big tropical fruit characteristics
- Rule The Roost – 5.6% ABV (cask) – Espresso stout. We cold steep the beer on the delicious Tonto espresso blend from Roost Coffee in Malton, just down the road from the brewery. A bewitching blend of two rich, roasted flavours. Dark and complex
- Session IPA – 4.0% ABV (cask) – Easy drinking abv, full on hop flavour. Bravo, Comet and Azacca hops combine to give flavours of citrus and tropical fruit with a grapefruit aroma
- Short Stop – 3.0% ABV (cask) – Hoppy Table beer. All day abv, big hop character. Notes of grapefruit & citrus from Centennial, Columbus, Cascade & Comet hops. Soft malt & oat base makes for a big mouthfeel and perfectly delivers a juicy beer
CLARKSHAWS: microbrewery in Brixton, London doing modern takes on classic British beers
- Gorgons Alive – 4.3% ABV (bottle) – golden bitter, summery, spicy and refreshing
- Hell Yeah! Lager – 5.3% ABV (keg) – award winning flavourful craft lager with a sweet honeysuckle and elderflower taste
- Hellhound British IPA – 5.5% ABV (keg) – strong and spicy with hints of citrus orange and caramel
- Session IPA – 4.5% ABV (cask) – Mandarin and tropical fruits deliver a sweet taste with a lightly bitter finish. A classic US style IPA made with UK grown hops
- Steam Beer – 3.9% ABV (keg) – Clean and crisp taste as light as lager but with a hoppy kick
- Strange Brew – 4.3% ABV (bottle) – our award-winning pale ale with a hoppy floral flavour from UK cascade hops
- Vegan Milk Stout – 5.0% ABV (cask) – properly milky, although without lactose! A vegan take on a favourite classic
HALF CHOP: classic brews from Stourbridge in the West Midlands. Check out their hop randall!
- Grapefruit IPA – 4.2% ABV (keg) – we took our rock solid recipe for the Session IPA and had some fun adding the zest from fresh grapefruits to add to the already fruity flavours and aroma added by the hops. Seriously Summery
- NEIPA (DDH) – 4.8% ABV (keg) – New England IPA brewed with a generous amount of late addition hops. Dry Hopped at two stages with Citra & Mosaic, a high percentage of oats in the grain bill to give a signature to give a full bodied and pillowy mouthfeel
- Raspberry Wheat Beer – 5.5% ABV (keg)– American Wheat Beer, paired with the finest sweet British raspberries to give a tart bite to this crushable summer number
- Session IPA – 4.2% ABV (keg)– Sessionable beer where Citra & Mosaic hops are allowed to shine in all their the glory using a grain bill & yeast that back up the hop combo, allowing you to appreciate the refreshing bitterness, zesty aroma & flavour of your favourite stone fruits
MONCADA: Ingredients are sourced within 100 miles from London for this Notting Hill brewery
- Apricot Sour – 2.7% ABV (keg) – tart and fruity with apricot sweetness throughout to balance out the sour flavours. This is both a staff and customer favourite
- NottingHill Pale – 4.5% ABV (keg) – American style pale ale with subtle hop bitterness & citrus notes. Wonderfully easy-drinking
- Pink Grapefruit Sour – 2.7% ABV (keg) – strong flavours of pink grapefruits blended with mellow sourness make for a real thirst quenching beer
- So Sorry Julio Saison – 4.8% ABV (keg) – classic take on the crowd-pleasing Belgian style. Hints of fruity, spicy and floral flavours are all present in this refreshing summer beer
MOOR BEER: Bristol-based all vegan brewery focussing on modern real ales
- All Dayer – 3.5% ABV (keg) – highly drinkable session IPA
- Claudia – 4.5% ABV (keg) –Hefeweizen, banana and lemon cloves with herbal and citrus hop character
- Do It Together – 5.2% ABV (keg) – a luscious pale ale infused with mango tea from Canton Tea, brewed with the Basque rock legends Berri Txarrak
- Hoppiness – 6.5% ABV (keg) – crossover IPA with rich caramel malts and a burst of tropically fresh and fruity hops
- Nor’Hop – 4.1% ABV (keg) – ultra pale ale balancing rich British floor malt with citrusy Northern Hemisphere hops
- Stout – 5.0% ABV (keg) – dark, smooth and rich with roasted barley and bitter chocolate
OFF THE WAGON/SIGNATURE BREW: A converted trailer serving brews from Leyton, East London
- Backstage IPA – 5.6% ABV (keg) – an ambitious and noteworthy IPA with a myriad of tropical flavours, including passion fruit, tangerines and berries. Crisp with pine and citric notes
- Banfi – 3.8% ABV (keg) – a powerful grapefruit sour brewed in collaboration with London pop alt band Banfi. Defined by its pleasant bitterness courtesy of the zest and juice of 281 grapefruits
- Festival Saison – 4.8% ABV (keg) – a delicious dry hopped saison with big mosaic hop flavours. Brewed with wheat, oats and a spicy Belgian yeast character
- Roadie – 4.3% ABV (keg) –refreshing road dog of a beer. This all-night IPA has notes of citrus including grapefruit & lime
- Studio Pilsner – 4.0% ABV (keg) – the highest quality European noble hops are amplified by the simple clarity of water, yeast, malt and rye resulting in unmistakable floral hits and a pleasingly bitter finish
- White Keys – 4.7% ABV (keg) – A classic Hefeweizen styled beer, flavoured with blackcurrants and lemon thyme. Pleasingly cloudy and brewed at a low temperature to develop sophisticated clove notes
THREE HILLS: Small batch nano brewery based in Northamptonshire
- Black: Salted Caramel – 9.0% ABV (keg) – an imperial stout brewed with additions of treacle, demerara sugar and caramel flavor. Viscous, rich with a boozy hit and loads of stouty umami
- Braybrooke Keller Lager – 4.8% ABV (keg) – brewed to the purity law using all German hops, malt and yeast; Braybrooke Keller lager is light amber in colour and refreshing with a rich malt body
- Brut IPA – 7.5% ABV (keg) – a new style IPA hailing from San Francisco. It’s fermented dry with champagne yeast and dry hopped with Mosaic, El-dorado, cryo-citra, Vic Secret and Nelson sauvin. A refreshing change to the NEIPA style
- In Pursuit V3 – 6.0% ABV (keg) – a New England IPA classic double dry hopped with Cryo Mosaic, Cryo Citra and Galaxy. Juicy, Hazy, hoppy with low bitterness
- Pepperberry Saison – 5.5% ABV (keg) – a fruity and spicy Saison infused with Strawberries and Pink peppercorns. Dispensed through our randall full of fresh strawberries!
- Session IPA – 4.8% ABV (keg) – dry hopped with Citra, Mosaic and El dorado, this sessionable India Pale Ale is packed full of citrus and tropical fruit aroma with a well balanced piney back bitterness
- South Pacific Wheat – 5.5% ABV (330ml bottle) – a vibrant and refreshing Wheat beer using two hops hailing from the South Pacific region: Nelson Sauvin and Vic Secret
- Tangential Thinking – 4.5% ABV (keg) – a Rauch Rye Pale Ale: subtle smoke meets spicy rye with a trio of piney hops (Chinook, Zyphos and Ekuanot)
- Thai PA – 5.5% ABV (330ml bottle) – an aromatic and light Pale Ale infused with Lemongrass, Ginger, and Kaffir Lime
- Trium Florum – 6.0% ABV (750ml bottle) – farmhouse saison infused with a blend of Hibiscus, Marigold & Elderflower. The appearance is bright pink and palette delicately floral, fruity and spicy
TWISTED BARREL ALES: Coventry-based brewery mixing modern and classic styles and methods
- Detroit Sour City – 4.0% ABV (can) – this was a crowd favourite at least year’s beer fest! A dry hopped sour, lemon sherbet paired with mango Mosaic hop flavour
- Doom of Valyria – 6.0% ABV (keg) – a sweet, smokey, spicy dark brown porter
- I Am The Muffin – 5.5% ABV (can) – a Belgian Blonde ale, light body with floral hops and a dry finish
- Kazan – 5.5% ABV (keg) – an incredibly juicy pale ale brewed with Citra, Mosaic and Amarillo hops
- Naido – 5.0% ABV (keg) – New England style pale ale, plenty of oats and wheat for a thick, soft body combined with Mosaic, Azacca and Cascade hops
- Raspberry Ripple Sour – 3.5% ABV (keg) – an ice cream sour, brewed with bags of oats, vanilla pods and raspberry puree
- Sine Qua Non – 4.5% ABV (can) – citrus and pine hop flavours layered on a light biscuit base
- The Great Went – 4.0% ABV (can) – a traditional German style wheat beer
- Wrapped In Mosaic – 7.0% ABV (can) – a New England style IPA brewed solely with Mosaic hops, with a soft, juicy body and huge stone fruit and peach flavour and a sweet finish
Outside the karaoke room
BUMBLEBEE CIDER: made from British apples, paying homage to the bees doing all the hard work!
- Hard Cider (original) – 4.5% ABV (500ml bottle) – medium-dry, lightly sparkling. Robust and complex tannic structure, rolling from sweet to dry with a sun-baked West Country aroma
- Regatta Strawberry & Mint Cider – 4.0% ABV (500ml bottle) – medium Somerset cider twisted with strawberries & a hint of garden mint. Unmistakably cider – with a summer twist. Enjoy chilled, for a real treat, add ice and chopped fruit (available)
- BumbleBee Dab21 – 5.5% ABV – still, cloudy, medium-dry. Made with 21% Dabinett for the perfect amount of zing!
- BumbleBee Gribble – 4.8% ABV – Medium-dry easy drinking still somerset cider, inspired by long, lazy days in the Westcountry
What a list!
Click here to book tickets now.