There is a mushroom masterclass coming up this Saturday May 12, 2018 at Made in Hackney and if you can afford to attend, it looks like it will be extremely informative and useful.
“We will share our passion and knowledge of cooking and growing gourmet mushrooms, as well as practical tips and recipes, so that you can bring delicious umami flavours to your meals”
Mark Breen, Professional Chef & Cookery Tutor & César Hernán Rizzo Gómez, Urban Grower & Cook
The class will include:
- How to cook different types of gourmet mushrooms to intensify their unique flavours and textures
- How to bring out the delicious ‘umami’ flavour of mushrooms
- How to grow gourmet mushrooms from used coffee grounds
- How to store your mushrooms correctly to get the best from them
- Various cooking techniques which will preserve the nutritional properties of mushrooms
- Tasty ‘tried and tested’ recipes using mushrooms as a starter, a main or a side dish
- A delicious organic plant based lunch and recipes to take home
César is an urban farmer and accomplished cook. He is the founder of ‘Article Number 25’, an Urban Farming Company aiming to change the food system, which grows different varieties of mushrooms from used coffee grounds and converts unused spaces into farms.
Mark is a professional chef and cookery tutor, working with various cookery schools across the capital. He also runs Seasonal Kitchen, a company offering unique dining experiences and private chef services.
Fee*: £70 (£55** Concession) includes a delicious organic plant based meal
- This fee is used to fund the programme of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups. By attending a Made In Hackney masterclass you get a great day of learning AND you’re providing the charity with essential funds for them to continue their work with vulnerable community groups.
** Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners, unemployed and low waged
Click here to book a spot at this mushroom masterclass now! At the time of posting, their were only 8 spaces remaining.