IVJFD 2016 with Black Cat
As you know, the 3rd annual International Vegan Junk Food Day is taking place on Monday August 29, 2016.
You can read all about this marvellous festival here.
I’m thrilled to announce the first participant in this year’s celebration is Black Cat Café of Hackney.
The café is opening special hours just for #ivjfd16 (between 4:30pm and 10:00pm) and the menu they have lined up is going to make you drool and the super cheap price is going to make you clap with happiness.
(Read this and book straight away – last year’s International Vegan Junk Food Day booked out solid in record time)
For just £15.50 you get to choose 1 main, 2 sides and 1 dessert if booked in advance via firstname.lastname@example.org (so do it now!).
There are also prices for single items if you fancy dropping in during the special opening hours, but you really should get the meal deal and secure your food.
- The fishless burger: ale nori battered cod, remoulade, tartar sauce, rocket
- Jack fruit quesadillas: slow cooked jackfruit in rich chilli mole, guacamole, carrot and onion escabeche, melted cheese.
- Black Cat classic beef style burger: seitan and soya mince patty, cheddar cheese, rasher, beefsteak tomatoes, butter lettuce, house made pickles and basil garlic mayo.
- Curry hot dogs: tofu sausage, mango chutney, onion relish, wholegrain mustard, curried home made ketchup
- Deli potato salad: new potatoes, gherkins, garden peas, diced carrots, chives, house made herby mayo.
- Hand cut herby potato wedges: raw garlic, vinegar
- Hackney Salad: mixed leaves, olives, tomatoes agave mustard dressing.
- Crunchy slaw: thinly sliced cabbage, red onions, fresh chilly, coriander, sesame seeds, fresh mint and coriander
- Ice Cream Boat: chocolate and vanilla ice cream, banana, crushed biscuits, chocolate orange sauce, whipped cream
- Cake (selection in the fridge)
How about that menu?!
Email Black Cat Café right this second to secure your meal for International Vegan Junk Food Day 2016. Be sure to use #ivjfd16 across social media to share your good time eating adventures on August 29, 2016.