Vegan recipe: salsa verde
You can support the making of these videos and get early access and downloadable PDF copies of the recipes by becoming an FGV patron – click here.
Here’s the recipe:
Makes approximately two cups/serves four
- 4 large fresh tomatillos*
- 1 small white onion or half a large one, peeled
- 1 Serrano chile
- Small bunch of fresh cilantro/coriander, washed
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
*If you cannot find fresh tomatillos, used canned but rinse thoroughly
- Roughly chop the tomatillos and onions and place in blender
- Chop the chile lengthways. If you want a spicy Salsa Verde then leave the seeds in, if
not, remove the seeds. Place in blender
- Place the cilantro/coriander in the blender
- Add a large pinch of salt and sugar
- Blend for approximately 20-30 seconds until you can no longer see any large pieces
of onion or tomatillo
- Add more salt and/or sugar if required
- ¡Buen provecho!
Serve Salsa Verde as a dip or use as a sauce over enchiladas, flautas, tacos or anything else
that needs a light and zesty accompaniment.
Recipe and photo remain property of Sean O’Callaghan and Julio Alcantara and may not be
reproduced without permission. © fatgayvegan.com