Pico de Gallo recipe – simple & delicious
You can support the making of these videos and get early access and downloadable PDF copies of the recipes by becoming an FGV patron – click here.
Here’s the recipe:
Makes approximately two cups/serves four
- 3 or 4 fresh Roma tomatoes
- 1 small white onion or half a large one, peeled
- 1 Serrano chile
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- Chop onion into approximately 1cm cubes
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthways and scoop out seeds and pulp (these can be saved for other dishes such as Salsa Roja)
- Chop tomatoes into approximately 1cm chunks
- Carefully scrape seeds out of chile and chop into very small pieces
- Combine chopped tomatoes, onion and chile in a large bowl and add olive oil, fresh lime juice and salt to taste
- ¡Buen provecho!
Serve with tortilla chips or on top of your favourite hot dish. Pico de Gallo can be eaten immediately or chilled before serving.
Recipe and photo remain property of Sean O’Callaghan and Julio Alcantara and may not be reproduced without permission. © fatgayvegan.com