Day of the Dead 2014
I host a few big parties each year and my Day of the Dead extravaganza is certainly one of my favourites. Lots of candy, a vegan feast and a chance to wear one of my Mexican wrestling masks all night… what’s not to adore?
Get ready to party your socks off as Day of the Dead takes over London on November 2nd, 2014 from 3pm. For the third year in a row, I am asking you to celebrate with me as I show you why I love this festival so deeply.
This year’s party is set to be the biggest and best yet as I team up with brand new vegan venue Kabaret of Wood Green. This huge venue allows our party to explode in size and what we have lined up for entertainment is sure to thrill.
Need some reasons why you should book a ticket?
- massive vegan buffet to keep you well fed – prepared by chef straight from Mexico City
- Vanessa of Essential Vegan giving a cooking demo and talking of Finados (Day of the Dead) celebrations in Brazil
- Emma of Veganbnb Travel talking about her vegan holiday business in Spain and Guatemala and giving you an insight into Day of the Dead celebrations in Guatemala
- a 100% vegan bar staffed by the wonderful owners of Kabaret
- Day of the Dead craft activities
- pose for photos with a luchador (Mexican wrestler) thanks to KANKUN
- venue decorated for a traditional Day of the Dead celebration
- buffet contributions by Scoff Sweets, Cocoafeliz chocolates and Bloom’s popcorn
- altar to place photos of dearly departed loved ones so they can celebrate with us
- stay late and dance into the night
- dress in Day of the Dead costumes for a chance to win prizes (check this for inspiration)
- more to be announced
This is going to be a party to be remembered. I am thrilled to be helping vegan London take part in a celebration that has roots all over the world.
Below is the buffet menu.
Tickets are available for £25 (plus booking fee) and are non-refundable, although you are welcome to sell on or gift to a friend in the instance you can’t attend. This price is only for pre-purchased tickets and the cost will rise on the door if we have space.
The party is all ages and a specially-priced ticket for children under the age of 18 costs £18 plus booking fee. All attendees under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Anyone wanting to buy and consume alcohol will be required to prove they are of legal drinking age.
Ticket price includes vegan buffet and activities, but not drinks. You will be required to pay for your own drinks at the bar. The bar takes card payments.