London vegans, friends and the vegan-curious are invited to a day of celebrations along the plant-eater friendly Brecknock Road in Kentish Town.
The local business holders have come together to celebrate everything they have to offer in the way of vegan food, goods and services on Saturday November 9th, 2013. It is an all day shopping, eating and social event from 11am, culminating with a party in the pub from 6pm until late.
Attractions on the day include:
- The Third Estate who will be launching Wills Vegan Shoes winter collection as well as their new website
- Bumblebee Health Foods serving Manna vegan cakes all day and will be sampling Fry’s Vegetarian products
- Muya Ethiopian restaurant with a separate vegan menu
- Salvino Italian deli serving vegan food and groceries plus will have live music in the store
- The Admiral Mann pub hosting the official afterparty (with vegan bottled beers by McMullen Brewery) featuring Motown/R&B/Soul singer Steve Lucas
- The Mighty Fork will be selling their delicious range of gourmet vegan hot dogs until 4pm
– The Vegan Society will be on hand to spread the vegan message and sell merchandise
- More stores, products and specials to be announced
Every visitor to the street will be given a vegan loyalty card. When you buy a vegan item from any of the participating stores on the day, your card will be stamped which you can then use to collect a very special gift bag from The Vegan Society stall.
The Vegan Society will be filming the entire day for a video to be shared on their website and social media platforms. It is our opportunity to show on a grand scale how London vegans and their friends can come together!
Please stay tuned for regular updates to this event. It is a real first for London and an amazing way to encourage local businesses to take notice of vegans. The event aims to support local traders while promoting and supporting the vegan community!
**Entry to the after party is FREE**