Roll up. Roll up. Fat Gay Vegan is hitting the road this summer.
I am thrilled to announce my first ever Vegan Roadshow, a collaboration between musicians, activists, food providers, music venues and me.
The idea is simple.
Take vegan band Love Like Hate, outreach and activist group Animal Equality and blogger Fat Gay Vegan (that’s me) and visit as many towns and cities around the UK as possible within a ten day period in July.
Kicking off at London Vegan Beer Fest on July 18, 2015 in King’s Cross, Vegan Roadshow will visit Nottingham, Leeds, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, Oxford and Bristol before winding up for a final show in north London.
Each stop of the tour will feature a performance by Love Like Hate while Fat Gay Vegan will busy himself with hosting duties. Animal Equality will present an information, merchandise and sign-up stall and vegan food will be available to buy.
Every stop of the tour is in either a vegan or vegan-friendly venue.
Sounds fun, right?
The dates locked in so far include:
- 18 July – London Vegan Beer Fest, London – book now – RSVP on Facebook
- 21 July – Sumac Centre, Nottingham – book now – RSVP on Facebook
- 22 July – Wharf Chambers, Leeds – book now – RSVP on Facebook
- 23 July – Painted Elephant, Newcastle – book now – RSVP on Facebook
- 24 July – Word*Power Books, Edinburgh – book now – RSVP on Facebook – FREE SHOW
- 26 July – Stereo, Glasgow – book now – RSVP on Facebook
- 27 July – Maguire’s Pizza Bar, Liverpool – book now – RSVP on Facebook
- 28 July – Gardeners Arms, Oxford – book now – RSVP on Facebook
- 29 July – Hydra Bookshop, Bristol – book now – RSVP on Facebook
- 31 July – Kabaret, London – book now– RSVP on Facebook (extra special guests Colour Me Wednesday and Chrissy Barnacle)
Tickets are priced at just £5 plus booking fee. Book now!
More dates announced as they are booked. Please be aware that some of the venues are small and are likely to sell out. Limited tickets on door for larger venues.
Just checked out your crowdfunding page and wanted to just say that Stereo is in Glasgow, not Edinburgh 🙂 Otherwise, good luck with it and I’ll look forward to when you are in Edinburgh!
Thank you, Imogen! I can’t believe I made that typo. How awful LOL. Thanks for the heads up and the support.
No Midlands date?
We might try to squeeze in Birmingham. Any good vegan-friendly venue suggestions?
Good luck with the road show… next time hope you can visit East Midlands as well… Leicester. . Nottz.. Derby