Need a reason to visit Brixton? You are about to get a damn solid reason for getting to the south London neighbourhood soon.
A new bar and vegetarian eatery called Vegbar is set to impress when it opens to the public on March 28, 2015. Christian, the mastermind behind the London Vegan Drinks gourmet hot dog night (remember?), is in charge of the menu at Vegbar and it’s safe to say plant eaters are going to be well looked after.
Check out this list of some of the vegan dishes being lined up:
- Kumara Kings -sweet potato and spinach jerk bites with pineapple salsa
- Who’s on first? – chilli and maple black bean slider topped with peanut sauce
- Heart and Soul – BBQ chilli beans with flour tortilla chips
- Junkyard Dog – homemade vegan hot dog topped with pickled chilli and fennel slaw
- Don’t know Jack? – spicy jackfruit and mushroom tacos with almond and plantain sauce
- Saints and Sinners – cajun vegetable hash
- Arepa’s delight – cornbread stuffed with black bean tofu scramble and avocado
That is some sort of impressive food planning, right? I can’t wait to get along to try some of this goodness.