Wild food walk in London
Hey! How about a fun and informative wild food class that also raises funds for a crucial vegan charity?
Saturday 18th December 2021
10:30am – 12:30pm
£40 (£30 concession/£12 unwaged). All proceeds help fund the Made in Hackney community meal service which continues to provide free nutritious, tasty meals to households struggling to access food.
Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park, Southern Grove, Mile End, London E3 4PX (a short walk from Mile End Tube Station in E3)
Join wild food enthusiast, Ken Greenway, for a foraging experience at the amazing award-winning Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park, one of London’s Magnificent Seven Victorian Cemeteries. Closed to burials since 1966 and a designated public park and Local Nature Reserve, the park has an extraordinary diversity of both woodland and meadow plants.
The event will include:
- A guided walk to safely identify wild foods and enjoy samples of the plants along the way
- Tips on where and how to forage
- Learning to identify edible plants
- Take samples home to turn into your own wild creations
- Information on the health benefits of wild foods
- Opportunity to ask Ken questions
- Digital foraging info recommended by the park supplied after the walk
- Numbers limited to 15 with Covid-19 safety guidelines in place
Ken Greenway is site manager of THCP and is also an accredited Humanist celebrant, Horticulture Manager for Grounded Ecotherapy and the course leader on Forage London’s event ‘Wild Food, Wild Nature’. Ken studied Environmental Biology at the University of Greenwich and has worked at THCP since 2002 where he has developed his intimate knowledge of the site as well as his passion for wild food and foraging. Ken is also a Come Dine with Me winner!
Fee: £40 (£30 Concession/£12 unwaged*) inclusive of VAT. Please come weather-prepared (the class will not be cancelled in case of wet weather).
Doesn’t this all sound wonderful?
Learn about foraging from an expert AND raise funds for this community kitchen that works hard to feed vulnerable people in our community.
Click here to read more and book your spot.