Help vegan Black Cat celebrate 5 years in London
Black Cat Hackney is more than a vegan café.
So much more.
It is a place to eat. It is a place to socialise. It is a space in which you can feel supported and celebrated, no matter who you are. It is a supportive space for independent vegan chefs to take risks with pop up events.
Black Cat is one a crucial component of the London vegan scene and an important supporter of local Hackney communities.
The food at the café is sensational and the people keeping it all running are even nice.
I hope you will join me in wishing Black Cat the very best as they celebrate their 5th anniversary. How incredible!
Black Cat is celebrating this huge milestone with an even huger party, including the launch of a new menu at their second location (yes, keep up friends!) kitchen takeover at Roadtrip & The Workshop on Old Street in Hoxton. This venue is a late night hangout with gorgeous cocktails and exciting events.
So much info to give you so let me start with the party aspect.
To celebrate 5 years of being awesome, Black Cat are throwing a fabulous party at their pop up kitchen venue at Roadtrip & The Workshop from 7pm on Wednesday November 27, 2019.
Entry is free with a suggested donation of £8 if you can afford it.
There is a super cool line up of entertainment across the evening including:
- 7pm Gaea
- 7:45pm Zek
- 8:20pm Immigranti
- 9pm Arboricidio
- 9:45pm Surya
- 10:30pm Awate
As part of the celebration, Black Cat is launching a new menu which you can check out below.
- Chips: freshly fried potatoes, herby parmesan dust 3.50
- Patatas Bravas: double cooked cubed potatoes with our signature spicy sauce and a dollop of garic mayo 5
- Gyro fries: potatoes, shawarma style marinated seitan strips, cheese sauce, halloumi curds 7
- House marinated olives: warm olives in lemon, thyme and rosemary marinade 3
- Bread: buttered sour dough bread 2.50
- Just Nachos: freshly fried corn tortilla chips seasoned with Cajun salt 6
- Loaded Nachos: freshly fried tortilla chips, ground chorizo, black beans, sour cream 8.50
- Grandma’s meatballs: house made sausage meatballs cooked in a rich white wine gravy 6.50
- Croquettes : deep fried thick béchamel fritters with leek and mushrooms 5.50
- Arancini: risotto croquettes with house made marinara and filled with vegan cheese 5.50
- Dan Dan Cauliflower: crispy battered cauliflower coated in spicy sesame, soy and siracha sauce topped with pickled cucumbers and carrots and crushed peanuts 6
- House wings : chicken style seitan tossed in our signature bbq spicy sauce, served with blue cheese sauce
- Garlic prawns: vegan prawns marinated in a spicy smoked paprika, white wine and chilli flakes. Served with grilled sour dough 7
Burgers and sandwiches ( served in brioche bread and sour dough bread )
- The roadtrip hot dog: moving mountains sausage, jalapeño jam, house sauerkraut, cheap mustard 8.50
- The beef style burger: house made beefy patty, horseradish mayo, lettuce, grilled onions, burger sauce, gherkins. Black Cat best seller for the last 5 years, tweaked for the occasion 8.50
- The Cuban: smokey tempeh, seitan ham, melted cheese, dill pickles, herby mayo in grilled buttered sour dough 8
- Buttermilk corn crusted chicken style burger: tofu and seitan patty tossed in our very own scotch bonnet spicy sauce, blue cheese, lettuce, beef tomatoes and herby mayo 8.50
How tasty does that all sound?!
To wrap up…
Get along to the Black Cat 5th anniversary part at Roadtrip & The Workshop in Hoxton on Wednesday November 27, 2019 from 7pm. You can see the exact location thanks to Google Maps.
Get along anytime after the party in the future to try the gorgeous new menu.
Be sure to visit the original Black Cat location in Hackney. See the exact location thanks to Goole Maps.
And finally, follow Black Cat on Instagram.