Vegan bread masterclass
Made in Hackney is a community kitchen running ongoing vegan cooking and food preparation classes.
You knew that, right?
One upcoming class I thought you all would be interested in is the Sourdough Bread Making Masterclass.
Date and Time – Saturday 14th September 2019 – 12:00pm – 5:00pm
Cost – £89 (£71 concession available) inclusive of VAT
“Bread makes itself, by your kindness, with your help, with imagination running through you, with dough under hand, you are bread-making itself, which is why bread making is so fulfilling and rewarding” – Edward Espe Brown, The Tassajara Bread Book.
“I’ll show you how to successfully bake your own delicious, nutritious loaves at home” Becca Dye, wholefood chef & baker.
This masterclass will include:
- What is sourdough and how does it work?
- Health benefits, costs, and how to choose your flour
- How to create and maintain a sourdough starter, and fun ways to use excess levain
- How to use bakers percentages and create and tweak your own formulas
- Seeds, spices, soakers; working with flavoured doughs
- Learn how to mix, fold, shape and bake a variety of doughs
- Q&A session, sourdough 101 and trouble-shooting
- A delicious organic plant based lunch, your own starter, recipes and bread to take home
Becca is a wholefood chef and baker, who has worked in top bakeries across Berlin and London, and currently bakes at social enterprise Better Health Bakery in Haggerston. Becca has a particular love for wholegrain baking, and utilising ancient varieties of wheat and freshly milled flour.
Fee: £89 (£71 Concession*) inclusive of VAT, includes a delicious organic plant based lunch.
This fee is used to fund programmes of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups. By attending a Made In Hackney masterclass you get a great day of learning AND you’re providing the charity with essential funds to continue their work with vulnerable community groups.
Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners, unemployed and low waged.
Click here to book your spot for the Sourdough Bread Making Class.
Click here to see other upcoming Made in Hackney masterclasses.
Follow Made in Hackney on Instagram.