1 packet of vegan empanada cases*
2 cups shredded seitan or other vegan meat 1 cup sliced white onion
2 cups sliced black olives
1 packet of vegan cheese
1 cup of pizza sauce
Vegetable oil for frying
Sauce to serve
– Leave dough/cases in fridge until just ready to use
– Place a small amount of all fillings in the disc and then press closed with fingertips – Use a fork to press the sides together, turning over to repeat the process
– When all empizzanadas are made, heat about 11⁄2 inches of vegetable oil in a flat-bottomed wok
– Fry empizzanadas in batches, turning halfway through cooking, until golden brown – Drain on kitchen towel
– Serve with a spicy tomato sauce
This cross between an empanada and a pizza is really adaptable – mix and match any of your favourite flavours and tastes!
*Many commercially made packets of empanada cases/discs are vegan but if you can’t find one near you, this recipe works perfectly!
Recipe and photo remain property of Sean O’Callaghan and may not be reproduced without permission. © fatgayvegan.com
Click the image above to support Fat Gay Vegan