FGV top picks VegfestUK Brighton
I don’t know how this comes around so quickly. Has it really been a year since the previous VegfestUK Brighton?
The Brighton version of this mega event always holds a special place in my heart. It still has a slightly small-town vibe than its cousin in London and you get to be beside the English seaside while it’s still blustery and cold.
This blog post and my ‘things you don’t want to miss’ list for VegfestUK Brighton is tinged with a little sadness as I can’t be there this weekend. As you might now, I live in Mexico City for six months of each year so it seems I won’t be getting to this event again in the foreseeable future.
In loving memory of the good times I’ve enjoyed at this show, I’ve gone through this year’s programme to put together FGV’s top picks for VegfestUK Brighton (March 11 and 12, 2017).
- Beelzebab – stunning seitan kebabs from one of the best fast food vendors in the entire UK
- Butcherless – from the people who brought you Sgaia comes a food stall of epic deli proportions
- Brownins – I always make time for their deliciousness, especially their gravy
Check out the Intersectional Vegan Summit especially Ruby Hamad talking about links between animal oppression and capitalism at 4:00pm on Saturday via Skype and Christopher-Sebastian McJetters discussing connections between speciesism and racism at 5:00pm on Saturday
Make time to see my buddy Adrian of Vegan Peasant demonstrate canapés and party food. I just wrote about his upcoming pop up event in London, so this is a great opportunity to see how the magic works at 5pm on Saturday
- Ananda’s Marshmallows – get the Round-Up wagon wheels
- Conscious Chocolate – so rich and creamy
- Dr Hadwen Trust – actively campaigning for animal-based experiment alternatives
- Follow Your Heart – best vegan mayo on the planet and sponsors of Vegan Beer Fest UK 2017
- Lakeside Ethical Treats – always has a great range of vegan sweets and treats
Of course there are dozens and dozens more stalls and talks taking place, but this list includes the things I personally would make a priority.
Hope you all have a great time and check out VegfestUK Brighton online to plan your weekend and get your tickets.