New job opportunity in UK
I was asked to pass news of this employment opportunity on to you all and I think there will be quite a lot of interest.
Check out these details.
Are you passionate about promoting veganism? Are you determined to make a real difference for animals, our health, society and the planet? Does the prospect of joining a global pro-vegan charity at the very start of its journey fill you with excitement?
About the employer
ProVeg is a new international food consciousness organisation, launching in April 2017 in four different countries: Germany, Spain, Poland and the UK. There are plans for wider expansion, both inside and outside of Europe, in 2018 and beyond. Its mission is to reduce the global consumption of animal products by making the plant-based lifestyle more attractive and accessible.
The focus in the UK will be on media work and campaigns, which will be innovative, highly effective and impact-driven. ProVeg will work towards influencing the food industry, chefs and caterers, activists, other NGOs and the medical profession, while also lobbying for change at a policy level.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of something special.
Location: From home initially. Office to open in Manchester.
Job type: Permanent, full-time
Report to: Director, ProVeg UK
Starting salary: Up to 21k depending on experience
Holiday: 25 days
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to help launch and grow ProVeg in the UK.
As the first person to join the UK team you will play an integral part, with the chance to contribute strategically and creatively from the outset. The role will therefore be extremely varied, extending beyond the key tasks below to include whatever is required.
- lead on social media to grow our online supporter base as fast as possible
- work proactively, thinking creatively to generate original and relevant ideas for content and campaigns
- assist on a variety of different campaigns, some of which will be international in nature
- produce engaging press releases, news items, blogs and other articles
- have excellent communication and copywriting skills with great attention to detail
- have a comprehensive understanding of the social media landscape
- be flexible, able to adapt to new tasks quickly and easily
- be outgoing and confident, able to network effectively and represent the organisation with professionalism
- have a strong work ethic and work well independently
- be a great team player
- be well organised and thrive on co-ordinating a wide range of tasks within tight timescales
- preferably have creative digital skills and technical IT know-how, and experience of using analytics tools
- care passionately about the aims of the organisation
You will also be required to travel. Until the office premises are established, you will meet regularly with the UK Director in the north of England and occasionally travel to Europe, typically Berlin, where ProVeg International is based.
Application is by CV and covering letter to Jimmy Pierson at firstname.lastname@example.org