Simplest and best guacamole
You can support the making of these videos and get early access and downloadable PDF copies of the recipes by becoming an FGV patron – click here.
Here’s the recipe:
Makes approximately two cups/serves four
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1⁄4 of a large white onion
- 1 1⁄2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 green chile
- 2 limes
- A fistsized bunch of fresh cilantro/coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion into 1cm square pieces.
- Do the same with the tomatoes
- Cut the avocados in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh. Chop into mediumsize (approx. 2cm) cubes
- Carefully scrape the seeds out of the chile* and chop into very small pieces
- Wash and pat dry the coriander/cilantro. Chop leaves and stems into small pieces.
- Combine onion, tomato, chile, cilantro and avocado in a large bowl and add lime juice, salt and pepper to taste
- For the best flavour, allow flavours to infuse for at least 30 minutes before serving
*Alternatively, leave the seeds in the chile if you like your guac hot!
Serve on its own with tortilla chips or use it on top of tacos, enchiladas, lasagne etc.
Recipe and photo remain property of Sean O’Callaghan and Julio Alcantara and may not be reproduced without permission. © fatgayvegan.com