Vegans and animal-friendly people are rallying hard around C-A-L-F Sanctuary in North Yorkshire.
When it was announced that the sanctuary needed £80,000 to survive following an impending closure notice (yes, £80,000!), a lot of people felt a sense of doom for the animals housed at C-A-L-F. How was it going to be possible to raise such a huge amount of money?
With the help of compassionate people, that’s how!
C-A-L-F supporters have dug deep and at the time of writing this blog post, more than £40,000 has been raised for the campaign.
This is heartening. More than 50% of the target met means C-A-L-F can raised everything they need with a little more of a push.
Here is how you can help:
- donate whatever spare change/cash you have to the campaign (if everyone who visited this blog in a month gave £1, the target would be met in no time at all)
- make vegan cupcakes, sell them and donate the profits
- do a collection at work, school and home for donations
- sell some unwanted goods/clothes on eBay and donate the money
- share this blog post far and wide
- follow C-A-L-F on Twitter and Facebook
- buy something from the C-A-L-F online shop
- buy a gift for someone else from the online shop
Come on. The target is huge but not insurmountable if we all stick together.
Do it for the rescued farm animals who deserve a forever home.