Veg Bar goes vegan
Breaking news rarely comes bigger than when a vegetarian venue turns vegan. It’s a big deal around these parts. Just see here and here for recent examples.
We got another one, people!
Veg Bar on Tulse Hill in Brixton has only been open for slightly longer than a month, but already the management felt it was time for a change. As of Thursday May 7, 2015 the south London restaurant and bar will be 100% vegan.
To celebrate this monumental shift, I am helping Veg Bar throw a giant celebration on their first vegan day and we want you to be at the party.
All you need to do is reserve a free ticket.
BOOK YOUR FREE TICKET TO THE CELEBRATION NOW – CLICK HERE
Of course May 7, 2015 is the date of the General Election, so be prepared to swap polling station survival stories with friends as our DJ pumps the tunes in our downstairs bar and Chef Christian serves up complimentary vegan snacks.
Entry to the party is free but we do you need to register as space will be limited. Register for your free ticket now!
Veg Bar is the home of my weekly event Rock ‘n’ Roll Vegan Brunch (every Saturday 10am-3pm) as well as the future home of South London Vegan Drinks (coming soon) and Rock Queer (every Sunday starting late May 2015 – daytime club featuring rock music for queer Londoners and their friends).
So much good news, but I’ve got even more.
Wanna see a sneak preview of the new Veg Bar 100% vegan menu? You got it!
- 3 MC’s and 1 DJ 6.5 – guacamole, cashew and jalapeno dip and sun dried tomato hummus with flatbread
- Kumara kings 6.5 (gf) – sweet potato and spinach jerk bites w/ pineapple salsa
- Heart and soul 6 – bbq chilli beans w/ flour tortilla chips
- Don’t know Jack? 6.5 – spicy jackfruit and mushroom tacos w/ almond and plantain sauce
- Shadrach 6 (gf) – a trio of freshly made salads – ask your server for details
- Southern fried gold 6.5 – mac n cheese croquettes w/ home made bbq sauce
- Arepa’s delight 6.5 (gf) – homemade cornbread with black bean tofu scramble and guacamole
- Taste the happy 6 – home fries topped with spicy jackfruit and cheese sauce
- Saints and sinners 5.5 (gf) – cajun vegetable hash
Bartolomeu’s adventure playground 10.5
handmade hot dog sausage in a specially crafted wholemeal torpedo roll topped with our own pickled chilli raw slaw and french’s american mustard, served with bbq beans and your choice of salt and pepper or chilli and garlic home fries
Mr Toad’s wild ride 10.5
chilli and maple black bean burger with rocket and smoky tomato jam in a specially crafted wholemeal bap served with pickled chilli raw slaw and your choice of salt and pepper or chilli and garlic home fries
Knock it off Napoleon 10.5
a layered corn tortilla quesadilla with BBQ chilli beans, cheese sauce, aubergine, courgettes and jalapeños served with south west collard greens and your choice of salt and pepper or chilli and garlic home fries
Peter’s having a party 10
a hearty portion of mac n cheese and jalapeños topped with our jackfruit carnitas and nachos served with a rocket, sun dried tomato and pine nut salad
- Chilli and garlic home fries
- Sea salt and black pepper home fries
- Pickled chilli and fennel raw slaw
- Buffalo florets
- South west collard greens
- There’s always money (gf) – Frozen banana and coconut pie with an almond base topped with rum sauce
- The luck of Lucien (gf) – A raw brownie with a dark chocolate glaze topped with strawberry sauce
- Today’s special guest – A dessert made by a vegan guest chef, ask your server for details
Exciting stuff, right? Make sure you get along after May 7 in order to try the new menu and be sure to book your ticket and celebrate the 2015 election day with 200 of your closest vegan friends this Thursday.
Follow Veg Bar on Twitter
Like Veg Bar on Facebook
Wonderful! I kinda wanna make this my new #home! 😉 X
Knowing I’d be in Brixton today, I was slightly disappointed to spot I’d missed their Mexican Night (which is Wed Eves) but arrived instead to find it’s Pizza Day (& no-one can be disappointed with that!). Plus, to follow I had a warm chocolate brownie with ice-cream – it would have been rude not to… All very scrummy.