Mega 6-week West African cooking class online
Made in Hackney is hosting a West African Plant Based Cuisine 6 week online cookery course taught by amazing vegan chef, TV & radio personality and author, Nena Ubani, aka Duchess Nena.
This incredible course will run each Saturday for 6 weeks from Saturday 9th January to Saturday 13th February 2021, 10.30am-1.00pm and will include:
- An introduction to African cooking techniques for preparing authentic dishes and exciting flavours
- Learn to make authentic plant based versions of a variety of West African dishes, including fufu, Mushroom Suya, fermented Attieke, Jollof rice and Okra stew
- How to make West African sides including Ogi, Kelewele and Yam oven chips
- Learn to make Zobo, a very popular Nigerian drink
- Health benefits of each dish
- Learn traditional cookery techniques using just your hands
- How to plate, style and eat with your hands
- Knife skills – how to peel, chop and slice like a professional
- Opportunity to ask Nena questions
- Recipe handouts
All funds raised go towards the Made in Hackney community meal service providing free nutritious, tasty meals to households who need them during these challenging times.
For more information and to book your place see the Made in Hackney website. Hurry to take advantage of the discounted early bird rate which ends on 24th December.
Follow Made in Hackney on Instagram.