A weekly vegan market collaboration between Fat Gat Vegan and Eat Work Art at Hackney Downs Studios.
Hackney Downs Vegan Market is the original and the best. It’s brought to you by a vegan in order to help vegan businesses. This is your weekly community market and entry is free.
(Photo by ljcarogram)
Hackney Downs Vegan Market is a weekly showcase of veganism and art taking place EVERY Saturday between 11am and 5pm at Hackney Downs Studio on Amhurst Terrace E8 2BT.
We have an inclusive stall holder policy. Vegan businesses that are owned or co-owned by women, BME people, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities are given preference.
- June 23, 2018
- June 30, 2018
- July 7, 2018
- July 14, 2018 PLEASE NOTE: There is no market on this day due to London Vegan Beer Fest
Here is the line-up of traders for Saturday June 23, 2018:
- Big V London – some of the most loved vegan burgers in London
- Young Vegans – deep fried pizza pockets and loaded cheesy chips
- Sê Kurdish Kitchen – vegan Kurdish food from these new kids on the vegan block
- Battered – wildly-adored vegan fish and chip truck
- Greedy Khao – delicious and irresistible vegan Thai food
- TEMPLE GOODS – Temple of Seitan have opened a permanent café on site. It trades seven days a week but it can be your special location for coffee, tea, and cool drinks on Saturday
- Clarkshaws Brewing – vegan beer from this celebrated Brixton-based brewery
Sweets and cakes
- The London Cupcake Company – decadent gourmet vegan cupcakes
- Hell.Yum! – some of the tastiest vegan ice cream on the planet plus cookies
- The Well-Bean Company – artisan vegan chocolate donating some funds to mental wellbeing initiatives
- LuckyLek – gorgeous vegan patisserie and baked goods
Take home cheeses and other items
- I AM NUT OK – vegan cheese, pate and spreads
- Kinda Co. – gourmet vegan cheese setting the UK alight
- Zero Waste Club – environmentally friendly toothbrushes
- One Small Shop – ethically sourced clothes, accessories, gifts, and personal care products
Some of these traders are regulars and we also have a few spots each week reserved for showcasing a rotating list of new traders. Also keep watching for product giveaway news.
Please note that line up is subject to change so don’t be super sad if you show up and your favourite couldn’t make it along.
Click here to see the market location thanks to Google Maps. Nearest Overground station is Rectory Road while Dalston Kingsland, Dalston Junction, Hackney Downs and Hackney Central are all within walking distance. There is no nearby Underground station.
There will be no market on July 14, 2018 as this is the date for London Vegan Beer Fest. This is a ticketed event so book online now for the early bird price.