A weekly vegan market collaboration between Fat Gat Vegan and Eat Work Art at Hackney Downs Studios.
Hackney Downs Vegan Market is the original and the best. It’s brought to you by a vegan in order to help vegan businesses. This is your weekly community market and entry is free.
(Photo by ljcarogram)
Hackney Downs Vegan Market is a weekly showcase of veganism and art taking place EVERY Saturday between 11am and 5pm at Hackney Downs Studio on Amhurst Terrace E8 2BT.
We have an inclusive stall holder policy. Vegan businesses that are owned or co-owned by women, BME people, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities are given preference.
- December 16, 2017 – Facebook event page
- December 22, 23 and 24, 2017 – Three day Mega Festive Market – Facebook event page
- December 30, 2017 – there is no market on this date
- January 6, 2018
Line up for Saturday December 16, 2017 includes:
- Temple of Seitan – heroic vegan street food heroes serving unparalleled food
- Big V London – burgers from the edge of paradise that are changing the way London eats
- Young Vegans – the finest vegan pie, mash and gravy in London from the nicest people in the city
- Dough Society – decadent donuts by the best donut producer in London
- Vegan Delice – your local neighbourhood superstar baked goods stand
- One Small Shop – bags, personal products, candles and all manner of gifts
- Hell Yum! – some of the best handmade cookies and ice cream you will ever taste
- Clarkshaws Brewery – a crowd favourite all the way from Brixton with draught beer and bottles!
- Rupert’s Street – nutritious and delicious food from the yellow van
- Eat Chay – Vietnamese street food including hot sandwiches
- Kinda Co. – some of the best vegan cheese in the UK
- The Sunny Spoon – peerless French patisserie
- Soapy Fairy – handcrafted soaps perfect for gift giving
- Itis – Caribbean cuisine that tastes better than you could imagine!
Some of these traders are regulars and we also have a few spots each week reserved for showcasing a rotating list of new traders. Also keep watching for product giveaway news.
Please note that line up is subject to change so don’t be super sad if you show up and your favourite couldn’t make it along.
Click here to see the market location thanks to Google Maps. Nearest Overground station is Rectory Road while Dalston Kingsland, Dalston Junction, Hackney Downs and Hackney Central are all within walking distance. There is no nearby Underground station.